Internet On The Go
The Seminole Public Library (SPL) is providing WiFi Hotspots as a means to provide patrons in our community with high speed internet access. With this program, students can use the internet for help with homework, employees can travel with reliable internet access to meetings, and patrons can have home access to surf the internet. Approximate range of signal is 30 feet.
A Hotspot can connect up to ten devices. SPL is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device. Wireless security is not implied. The user acknowledges and accepts all risks associated with the use of the wireless data device. There is no warranty, express or otherwise.
- Only established Seminole Public Library patrons in good standing may borrow a Hotspot device. The borrower must be at least 18 years old.
- The checkout limit is one Hotspot device per household at any given time.
- SPL reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment, returns a Hotspot device late more than twice, or who returns a Hotspot device in the book drop.
- Library staff will verify that the Hotspot device is in good working order at the time of checkout.
- The patron will need to complete a “Hotspot Device Agreement” prior to each checkout, acknowledging financial responsibility for lost or damaged equipment.
- Hotspot devices check out for one weeks and are NOT renewable.
- After 7 days overdue, the Hotspot device will be turned off and patron account will be blocked until device is returned.
- Once a Hotspot device is checked out, it becomes the responsibility of the patron until returned to library staff.
Hotspot devices must be returned directly to a staff member at the circulation desk, and not placed in inside or outside bookdrop.
- Library staff will check in the Hotspot device
- Verify the Hotspot device is in operating condition
- Do a visual check to ensure that the following items are returned in good condition (Hotspot device, power adapter (2 pieces),quick start guide, container)
- Recharge Hotspot device if necessary
Fees and Liabilities
- $5.00 fee for returning a Hotspot device in the book drop
- Late fines are accessed at the rate of $2 per day. There is no grace period for Hotspot devices.
- Patron is responsible for the full replacement cost of $50 if the Hotspot device or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the Hotspot device should be returned to SPL as soon as possible.